Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Bold & Bright

Hi Friends,

Today I thought that I would feature one of the handbags that I created recently. I have not shown any of my sewing projects yet and I though this one would be perfect for my sewing projects debut.

Made from Simplicity pattern 2685. Details inside are my pattern.

I made this particular purse for one of my lovely coworkers. It is a large carry-all with plenty of pockets for organization and even includes a place to clip your keys on the inside.
Detail of pocket and key clip.
Detail of other pocket.
Front of purse details.

I am a big fan of large handbags. As many women can probably attest to...the larger the bag, the more things you can find to shove in them! I am oh so guilty of doing this.

I recently started sewing again after taking a LONG break from it. Mostly because I didn't have a working sewing machine for quite some time. Starting up sewing again was just like riding a bike, it just comes back naturally.

I encourage all of you who have not sewn in while, to dust off your sewing machines and give it a try! I am sure you will be as pleased as I was with the results of your first project! It is just so satisfying to make something yourself versus buying it at a store...you definitely don't have to worry about someone having the same handbag as you! Don't forget to take risks and try including some of your own elements...especially if you use a store bought pattern. It makes the project that much more personal, but most of all, don't forget to HAVE FUN!


Project Ingredients:
Keepsake Calico Fabric-Mocca-Red (main purse fabric)
Symphony Broadcloth Solids - light blue (inside lining)
Pellon Fusible Interfacing
Coats & Clark Dual Duty XP General Purpose Thread (Red)
Red Button (from my button collection)
Simplicity Pattern 2685 (Accessories - Bags)
Pin It Now!

2 comments:

  1. You are amazing! I am very jealous of your sewing talent. I have tried and failed. NICE WORK!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Tara! We should get together some weekend and I can help you with your sewing! There are some great fabric shops around and there are so many choices to make a cute, one of a kind bag! Let me know, it would be fun to get together!

      Delete