Thursday, April 12, 2012

Happy Zentangle Wednesday...on a Thursday!

Hi Friends,

Zentangle Wednesday again! It came and went so quick its already Thursday! Didn't quite get this one up in time..anyway...I thought this week that I would use one of my "pins" as inspiration for my tangle. I am in love with any and all things nautical right now...every time I see anything nautical, it makes me think of my FAVORITE MN city, Duluth. This pin is also inspiration for a tattoo I plan on getting...someday!

Ok so here is the pin...
Anchor "Pinspiration"
I used this image to illustrate something of my own in Adobe Illustrator. I left my anchor as an outline so I could fill it in with my zentangle and the font I used is Lobster. So, with my printout and trusty Sharpie I started doodling and this is my end result...



and a detail...



If anyone out there is a beginner zentangler like myself, Adobe Illustrator is a great tool for making all different types of shape outlines. Then you can easily print them out and start doodling away. Like I have said before, I am not a great drawer so I use Illustrator to make my basic shapes and then I can doodle to my heart's content. However, Zentangles DO NOT have to be a perfect shape! You can just doodle and see what you end up with. I just think its fun to have a shape to start with and then see how it can be transformed by filling it in!

I hope you have all enjoyed this weeks tangle! Don't forget to take a close look at your surroundings, or do what I did, and take a look at your Pins and make a tangle from that inspiration!

Take care!
Pin It Now!

No comments:

Post a Comment